I have been running to serve my community for the past 12 months. I have been running to serve Riverside County as your Congressman. This is no easy feat. It is and continues to be a tough journey. What makes it tougher is that no media is covering the 41st District election cycle.
- The Inland Counties have a higher unemployment rate than the State of Alaska, which has the highest unemployment rate in the nation.
- The local congressman has voted against jobs by voting against small business, which is any local business with less than 500 employees.
- Mark Takano voted against Veterans Administration improvements because he is supported by the labor unions and was voting to support the VA employees, not the U.S. veterans.
- Mark Takano cannot work across the aisle to achieve success.
- Local entities do not call Mark Takano when they want something done.
- Mark Takano has not achieved one idea in four years in office.
- He has been voted one of the nation least effective members of Congress and we continue to pay him.
- Mark Takano crafted a facade piece of legislation to create an image that he is working for our veterans.
- Mark Takano says he knew nothing of the California National Guard issues, yet he sits on the Veterans Administration Committee.
But you don’t know these things because our local media has not covered any of these issues. Riverside County, you should be angry. However, instead, we are naive because there is no media attention on the issues that matter.
In fact, there is so little attention to the people of Riverside County, that Mr. Takano is currently in Nevada phone banking for the Democratic Party.
I am a small business owner and I am vested in this community with employees, corporate partners and long-term customers, who have bought their homes here is Riverside County. I believe in lowering taxes on our local families, family owned businesses and other small businesses. I believe this election is about our economy because our local unemployment rate is still too high. My mission is to create a Congressional Office in the 41st District that will help individuals with complete constituent services from all federal agencies.
I’m about Riverside County and the inland region. Mark Takano is about himself. All of these issues matter.
Finally, know this, Mark Takano has out fundraised me by 10 to 1. Yet, Mark Takano has raised 90% of his campaign funds from outside of Riverside County. That’s why it is so difficult to kick out a do-nothing incumbent. It is why you don’t see change.
The question is why isn’t anyone talking about it.
Know the issues. Call our office today for more information. (951) 376-5014 www.ShepherdforCongress.com